School meals make an important contribution to the diets of children and young people. Our healthy and tempting menus comply with the Welsh Governments ‘Healthy Eating in Schools’ (Nutritional Standards and Requirements (Wales) Regulations 2013). Special dietary requirements can be catered for upon written request from parents/guardians.
Each school day, our experienced and fully trained catering staff produce in excess of 19,000 meals in over 130 education establishments.
Benefits of Eating a School Meal:
- Save time in the mornings not having to prepare lunch, plus there is no worry about keeping the food fresh and hygienic until lunchtime.
- School meals offer fresh vegetables, salads and fruit helping towards your child’s ‘5 a day’
- Our meals offer value for money. Your child/children can enjoy a two course meal for only £2.50 per day.
- Sitting down and eating together at a table helps develop social skills and table manners; pupils are also encouraged to try new foods.
- Studies have shown that children are more receptive in afternoon classes if they have had a fulfilling lunchtime meal
- We hold regular themed day menu’s plus a celebratory two course Christmas lunch during the month of December.
The School Meals Service in Carmarthenshire is provided in-house by our Catering Division.
For further information regarding School Meals please visit the Carmarthenshire County Council Website at, https://www.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/home/council-services/education-schools/school-meals/secondary-school-meals/
Free School Meals
Could you be eligible to receive free school meals for your child or children?
Where do I apply for Free School Meals?
Applications must be made to the local authority where the school is situated.
For children attending a school in Carmarthenshire, all applications must be made to the following department:
Free School Meals Section
Department for Education & Children
Building 2, St David’s Park
Carmarthen SA31 3HB
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
To apply for Free School Meals you can: –
- Telephone (01267) 246526 and a form will be sent to you, OR
- You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and a form will be sent to you.
- You are required to complete the Free School Meals application form
ParentPay is a more convenient, safe and secure way for you to pay for school meals online. To use ParentPay you will receive a letter from your school with a unique username and password. You must use this information when logging into the system for the first time. You will also need an active e-mail address.
Using your ParentPay account you will be able to:
- pay for school meals and other items such as school trips, uniforms etc.
- see the history of all the payments you have made
- create one account for all of your children
- receive receipts and automated reminders to top up your balance by email. Email reminders and receipts are free. You can receive reminders by SMS but there is a 6p charge per text for this service.
- make payments 24 / 7 using any device that has internet access
- pay by instalment for school trips
You will no longer have to send your children to school with cash or cheques, payments are immediate* and will credit your child’s account straight away. Once your school starts to use ParentPay we will no longer accept cash/cheque payments in school for school meals.
If you’d prefer not to pay online for school meals, you will be able to top up your ParentPay account by cash at local convenience stores, displaying the PayPoint logo. Phone us on 01267 246537 to request a PayPoint card, the first card will be issued free of charge. If you lose the card, a replacement card will cost £1.50.
You can only use your PayPoint card for school meal payments. If you wish to pay by PayPoint for school trips etc., the school will give you a letter with a barcode on it which you can take to your local shop. *PayPoint payments can take up to 36 hours to show in your ParentPay account.
To login to your ParentPay account please click on the link below: